At HairYum, we believe healthy hair starts from within….
After numerous requests, we made our yummy, vegan Healthy Hair Smoothie on Periscope. Please connect with @hairyum on Periscope to watch the replay!
Intensely green, creamy and loaded with exceptional nutrients, this smoothie will make your hair glow from inside out!
- 1 frozen organic banana
- 1 cup of organic mangos (frozen or fresh)
- I cup of organic spinach or kale (or any dark green leafy vegetable)
- 1 & 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (chilled)
- Optional: 1 tsp organic raw honey
- Blend all the ingredients until creamy and drink straight away.
- Banana is rich in potassium, natural oils, carbohydrates and vitamins which help in softening the hair and protects the hair’s natural elasticity preventing split ends and breakage. Banana creates manageability, shine, growth and controls dandruff.
- Mangoes are rich sources of vitamin C, and hence promote collagen production for healthy hair growth. Mangoes provide nourishment to hair and treat dandruff.
- Spinach strengthens hair. Including spinach in your daily diet is an excellent way to increase the growth of your hair. This is because spinach is a rich source of Vitamin A and Vitamin C, which help in promoting hairgrowth.
- Almond milk is high in potassium, magnesium, protein, fatty acids, calcium, zinc, Vitamin A, E, selenium and manganese. All these nutritious goodies are quite beneficial to hair. Almonds contain a lot of protein; this enhances the repair and hair growth process.
- Raw Honey – If you have dry or damaged hair, honey can help. A natural humectant, honey attracts moisture. It’s also full of antioxidants and nutrients to feed hair follicles that house the live part of hair, encouraging hair growth.
Tip: Eat lots of dark, green leafy vegetables as they are packed with Iron. Iron is one of the most important nutrients for the hair as it carries oxygen to the hair follicles.
What is your go-to smoothie recipe, we’d love to know, please share in the comments below! If you do not have one, this is the perfect opportunity to try our healthy hair smoothie. Bon Ap·pé·tit 🙂